Halloween Drug Safety
Protect Your Kids From Tricks That Look Like Treats
- DO NOT allow children to eat any candy before inspecting for signs of tampering.
- Medication can look like candy. Store all medicine away and out of reach of children.
- Cannabis is sold as edibles like gummies, lollipops, brownies, and cookies. If you keep edibles in your home, ensure they are always clearly labeled and never within reach of children.
- DO NOT eat homemade treats unless they are from trusted friends and family members.
- DO NOT chew or break open glow sticks.
- DO NOT buy fun packaged hand sanitizer. They can be mistaken for food and accidentally consumed.
Call the NC Poison Control 27/7 Line at 1-800-222-1222.